LW Professional Solutions LLC was established in 2012!
Thank you to all my clients for 10 wonderful years!
America’s Mortgage, LLC
A multi-tasking position involving a significant number of accounting & mortgage lending responsibilities, all of which are accomplished under tight deadlines. In addition, provided support & back up to the company’s Controller.
- Performed daily accounting activities, including accounts payable & receivable, general ledger reconciliations, journal entries & generating statements of accounts for Mortgage Loan Officers.
- Submited a daily morning report of mortgage loan warehouse account balances & activity to the staff, Controller, CEO & COO.
- Periodically tracked & issued W-9s & 1099s, completed personal property taxes, ran ad hoc reports & payroll.
- Performed mortgage lending activities, including uploading mortgage loan wires & payoffs, proofing mortgage loan documents before closing, & tracking mortgage insurance payments/funding fees & submitting them to the US Department of Housing & Urban Development & the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Initiated many operational changes to streamline & improve efficiency & accuracy of day-to-day processes.
A challenging career in accounting, combining research, analysis & decision making skills while contributing professionalism & expertise to the position & company. Responsible for generating, confirming, & interpreting monthly, quarterly, & annual financial statements.
- Held responsible for maintaining all support schedules & subsidiary ledgers for reconciliation to the general ledger, including intercompany bills, notes, & lease payable schedules, bank reconciliations, & support schedules for all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepared budget & prior year variance reports for six entities.
- Administered monthly financial reporting packages in a timely & accurate manner to the Controller, CFO, & Regional Directors.
- Successfully shortened the month-end closing process from ten to five days.
- Prepared audit work papers & assisted auditors as needed. Directly contributed to saving RE/MAX $70K in audit fees & largely reducing the number of audit adjustments in 2010.
Tribune Company: Daily Press
Dedicated to accurately gathering, recording, reviewing, analyzing, & presenting financial activity in accordance with Tribune Publishing policy, GAAP & other government regulations. Routinely identified & resolved accounting issues between departments by using strong analytical, communication, organization, & problem solving skills.
- Oversaw all cash transactions, consisting of balances of $6M+ & over 10K+ transactions per month, through uploading advertising, circulation, & miscellaneous cash received to general ledger & reconciling all cash accounts against a total of five bank statements.
- Maintained control over all inventories through monitoring purchases & physical inventories, as well as calculating consumption & booking the associated expense on a monthly basis.
- Supported period-end closure process, including account reconciliation & monthly journal entries.
- Analyzed financial accounts to provide detailed reports of fiscal health to senior management & Tribune Corporate.
Real Estate Product Specialist
Promoted into Product Specialist position based on proven track record of success from initial concept through project completion. Spearheaded the creation of two unique, local magazines: Williamsburg HOME & Peninsula HOME. Both generating $30K in combined additional monthly revenue. Developed enhancements for New Homes Directory that brought $20K in addition bi-annual revenue.
- Developed concept, assisted with product design & marketing materials, coordinated support functions, & determined distribution, prices, promotional campaigns, & new product launch.
- Consistently grew revenue & profits in rapidly changing print media environment through aggressive cold-calling & direct mail campaigns, persistent follow-up, & relationship-focused account management.
- Monitored products for profitability & determined probability for new enhancements.
- Researched previous client advertising to identify potential competitors & advertising rates.
- Examined industry to discover Real Estate advertising drives & trends.
- Collected client & reader feedback weekly & made related improvements to future editions.
- Wrote proposals & assisted clients in developing appropriate marketing campaigns.
- Designed ads for existing clients & created speculative ads for prospective clients.
- Participated in real estate oriented networking events that resulted in increased exposure within already highly competitive media market.
Laurel Property Services, Inc.
Real Estate Agent
Met with prospective sellers, provided advice on pricing & staging, developed advertising strategies, hosted open houses & tours, & managed all transaction procedures. Introduced prospective buyers to the community & its neighborhoods, showed potential homes, provided counsel on bids & responses to counter offers, & managed purchase procedures.
- Prospected new client relationships & generated leads through cold calling, networking, & referrals.
- Developed property information packages, market value analysis, & marketing reports.
- Handled all aspects of marketing & promotions inclusive of advertising.
- Ensured quality client service through prompt response to client concerns.
- Assisted Owner / Broker, in managing 400+ rental property units in addition to sales duties.
- Member of Colorado Association of REALTORS® & Jefferson County Association of REALTORS®.
Assistant Property Manager
Reviewed & approved prospective tenants, coordinated property showings, conducted lease negotiations, credit checks, & rental paperwork. Responded to tenant concerns, contracted repairs, met all applicable codes & regulations, & ensured safe premises. Consistently noted by Owner, staff, community members, & clients for superior detail-oriented skills, ability to prioritize tasks to accomplish maximum results, & ability to address organizational problems with innovative solutions.
- Developed personalized marketing campaigns aiding in achieving 85-95% occupancy rate.
- Utilized computerized collections database, resulting in increased rent collections.
- Formed strategic alliance with Colorado School of Mines exchange student housing program.
- Performed accounts receivable duties.
- Achieved consistent yearly growth of company efficiency & profitability.